Effective as at 1st July 2021
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you use this website (theafricantraveller.com), we collect information about you that is either provided directly by you or through automatic data collection technology.
Your personal information is used to personalize your experience, improve the website to better serve you, provide customer service support, efficiently process your requests or transactions, tailor advertisements to you, elicit reviews of services or products, provide you offers, promotions and to follow up with you through correspondence (email, live chat, or phone). We may also use this information to provide you offers and promotions from our partners and/or our affiliates in exchange for a commission without additional cost to you.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR DATA?
- We receive information automatically through automatic data collection technology, such as Google Analytics, which collects general information about your browsing activity, including location information, traffic patterns, age, gender, interests, demographics and the name of the website from which you used to enter or exit or website. For more information on how Google collects/processes your data, visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
- If you leave a comment on social media, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. When you leave a comment, your name, email address and website/organization name is not shared with a third party, and may be used to communicate with you. Social media accounts and sharing options are available on this website. Social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and so forth) can track your personal information. Should you choose to interact with us on social media, please note that you will be voluntarily disclosing that personal information. This information is no longer private. It becomes public information and can be collected and used by others. We have no control over and take no responsibility for the use, storage or dissemination of such publicly disclosed personal information by you. Any such interactions via comments and social media with us do not subject us to any kind of liability related to misuse of your information by others.
- We collect information you provide directly to us. This includes, when you create an account, subscribe to a newsletter or email list, complete contact forms, register to download a digital resource, register for an online workshop, e-course or webinar, purchase a product or service from our website or otherwise communicate with us.
- If you choose to receive any free or paid digital resources or purchase any products or services from our website, we will enroll you in our email newsletter by your consent as a registered member or user (through the email address you provided us). You can unsubscribe any time using the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of every email or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org to unsubscribe from future emails. I do not spam, nor do I share email information with third parties.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your information for a number of reasons, including but not limited to:
- Personalize and improve our website and content.
- Provide and promote our products and services
- Provide information and marketing that we think may be of interest to you
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our products/services.
- To help understand your needs and provide you with better products/services
As a general rule, we do not disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent with the exception of the following circumstances:
We may disclose your information to our trusted third parties that work with us such as our website hosting partners, email marketing service provider, other service providers that assist in the operation of the website, and any other affiliates and subsidiaries we rely upon to provide you products and services offered here.
We may disclose your information in order to comply with state or federal regulations related to copyright infringement lawsuits or any other legal claims related to the website.
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
The security of your information is our number one priority. Here at The African Traveller, we use standard security protocols and industry-standard security measures to protect your personal information. To buy our products, you may have to use a credit card. We use third-party services that use encryption technology to protect your credit card information. However, we can’t guarantee against the misuse of your credit card data due to the unpredictable nature of the internet. Therefore, you agree that we are in no way responsible for the misuse of your credit card information.
GDPR VISITOR RIGHTS
Under the GDPR, if you are within the European Union, you are entitled to certain rights and information listed below.
We will retain any information you choose to provide to us until the earlier of:
You ask us to delete the information by sending a request to email@example.com Please note that such requests may result in you no longer being able to access paid or free content previously provided to you.
Our decision to cease using our existing data providers.
The Company decides to no longer be in business or continue to offer the services.
The data is no longer needed to provide you service, is too costly to maintain further retention, or the Company finds it outdated.
You have the right to request access to your data that the Company stores and the rights to either rectify or erase your personal data.
You have the right to seek restrictions on the processing of your data.
You have the right to object to the processing of your data and the right to the portability of your data.
If you have provided consent to the Company’s processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent any time without affecting the lawfulness of processing based upon consent that occurred prior to your withdrawal of consent.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority that has jurisdiction over issues related to the General Data Protection Regulation.
We require only the information that is reasonably necessary to enter into a contract with you. We will not require you to provide consent for any unnecessary processing as a condition of entering into a contract with us.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The African Traveller is an educational blog where users can read articles on travelling through Africa, repatriation tips for expats, business and finance tips for travellers and stories coming out of Africa. We also offer African related Merchandise.
The following Terms and Conditions apply to all customers, visitors and users of The African Traveller website.
The terms “we,” ”us,” and “our” refer to The Morning Buzz and the terms “user,” “you/your” and “visitor” refer to customers, guests and users of our site. A “member” or “subscriber” is someone who registered to use or buy our services/products
“Non-personal Data” refers to information that is not personally identifiable, as defined by the EU.
“Personal Data” (according to the EU) refers to “any information relating to an identified or natural identifiable person” and may include an identifier such as a name, location (IP address) and other demographic data.
Any and all content on this blog is intellectual property of The African Traveller and may not be reproduced, reused, modified or exploited without the owner’s written permission. Requests for permission should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This site shouldn’t be taken as professional advice. It is for informational or educational purposes only. Although I try my best to present high-quality information and content, I am in no way legally responsible for any inaccuracies presented on this blog.
All digital product sales, including e-books and e-courses, are non-refundable after being purchased.
If you are unhappy with a product or you have a special circumstance, you can email me at: email@example.com or use our contact form.
Changes to our Privacy will be made on this page. If the changes regard how your information/data is collected, processed or used, we will email you directly through the email you provided us or through an announcement on the home page. Please regularly check this page for updates. Also, make sure emails from The African Traveller are shown in your main inbox and not in your spam folder or you won’t be able to easily find the notice.
QUESTIONS AND GENERAL CONTACT INFORMATION
For any questions or comments, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the contact form